Celebrate New Year's Eve with Pops!

We made it through another year, friends and as I discussed the other day, it was a good one for Pops, for me and for this blog. But now I'm in the middle of enjoying some much-needed time off so if you don't mind, I'd like to close the year with some oldies but goodies. For four straight years, I used to share a Louis Armstrong New Year's Eve broadcast.  However, only four full broadcasts survive, to my knowledge, so without anything new to share, I'll just put up the links to those previous posts. Here they are:

December 31, 1967 - Las Vegas

December 31, 1954 - San Francisco

December 31, 1962 - Hollywood

December 31, 1953 - Yokohama, Japan

Louis also turned up on an all-star New Year's Eve radio broadcast from 1945, turning in a swinging version of "Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive" that I blogged about way back when here.

So thanks to all of you for sticking with me through 2014 and for continuing to show such interest and devotion to Louis Armstrong more than 40 years after he passed away. Here's to 2015!

Comments

baz said…
Onward and Upward, Keeper of the Flame!

Popular Posts